Ever suffered from oily roots, itchy or irritated scalp? Is hair colouring and hair styling products making things worst? It might be time to give your scalp a little detox and let IT BREATHE! Don't panic, we have THE answer for you right here!
When an old technique is brought back to date…
French hairstylist ‘extraordinaire’ Christophe Robin’s has brought back to the limelight an old beauty recipe used by many generations which involved the mixing of coarse salt diluted in water while rinsing your hair. "Keep It Simple Stupid" they often say, but it works!
Packed with sea salt and hydrating active ingredients, Christophe Robin’s miracle Sea Salt scrub is ideal for oily and irritated scalp that need to be freed from impurities while being gently soothed and rebalanced.
What we really love about this product (in a nutshell):
- A 2-in-1 scrub and shampoo that gives you immediately a satisfying feeling! The texture spreads easily and emulsifies well.
- Add a little bit of water and the product will lather quickly: take the opportunity to give yourself a quick pampering head massage to stimulate blood circulation and help lift away impurities and dead cells.
- It rinses easily and gives you that squeaky-clean feeling (you can literally hear it squeak) washing all that build up of oil, dead skin, hair colouring, product down the drain! Gross!
- The combination of nourishing sweet almond oil combined with sea salts makes it super hydrating to help rebalance the hair. Gives you the results of a “luxury hair salon” but at home!
- Fine hair will love this. It instantly brings body and volume to the roots making the hair look thicker and fuller
- The feeling of rinsing is AHMAHZING! Imagine Carmex on your scalp, that tingling feeling makes it extra refreshing!
- Oh and… scalp scrubs have been proven to promote hair growth … so, see this as a long-term investment like you do with your active serums and facials. You will thank us later!
Our tips to get most of its benefits:
- If your hair gets easily tangled, make sure you give your hair a good brush before you hop into the shower. This will prevent it from further tangling in the shower as salt can make the hair even more mangled if unbrushed!
- Always remember a little goes a long way so you only need to use a spoonful at a time. Using too much can be too drying.
- Post scrub: depending on your hair type and especially if your hair has been bleached, chemically treated and damaged, the sea salt scrub like any exfoliator requires moisture afterwards. We highly recommend the award-winning Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear.
- Consider a pre-shampoo: if your hair is dry you may want to use a gentle moisturising shampoo like the Christophe Robin Hydrating Shampoo with Aloe Vera which is sulphate free and ultra-nourishing. This can also be mixed into the scrub for extra hydration.