Harvested from Shea trees mostly native to West Africa, Shea butter has been used as a cosmetic ingredient for centuries for its nourishing, soothing, replenishing and conditioning properties.
A natural and skin-friendly ingredient
Packed with a high concentration of Vitamins and Fatty acids, it can be used by all skin types as a multipurpose moisturiser on face, body and hair.
Often certified vegan or organic, this natural ingredient doesn’t contain any chemical irritants that can further dry out the skin and is non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores) so is ideal for oily to combination prone skin. Who would have thought?!
If you are not convinced already, we have listed for you some of our favourite benefits:
- It’s the king of moisturiser: filled with rich oils and fatty acids (linoleic and oleic acids), they help restore lipids to the skin and quickly bring back moisture protecting it from external attacks or dehydration.
- It helps fight acne: Balancing each other, those fatty acids help rebalance the skin preventing further acne and won’t make your skin oily.
- It has anti-inflammatory benefits: shea butter helps slow down the production of inflammatory cells helping on conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. It even has antibacterial action, soothing insects’ bites and promoting wound healing thanks to its protective fatty acids.
- It helps combat skin ageing: not only it helps boost collagen production, it also helps with photo-aging. Wave goodbye to fine lines and wrinkles due to environmental stress.
- It reduces hair breakage: Its super easy-to-spread consistency makes it ideal to use on hair making it more resistant to breakage overtime.
- And…. it’s been powdered by mother nature: Being a natural ingredient, it contains all the wholesome benefits of a nut without the side effects of allergies thanks to its very low proteins level which could trigger an allergic reaction.
Our top choice: Cattier 100% organic Shea butter
With 100% ingredients from organic farming, Cattier’s Shea butter prevents skin dryness, encourages cellular renewal, and intensely nourishes the epidermis. Rich in vitamins A, D, E and F, this natural fragrance-free multi-purpose moisturiser softens and smooths the skin whilst protecting it from external aggression.
Our tips to get the most out of your product:
- On the body, apply in massage for a sense of well-being and immediate muscle relaxation. Concentrate on dry areas (elbows, hand and feet) as well as areas prone to stretch marks or cellulite.
- Just shaved or spent the day at the beach? it will help soothe overheating feeling and rehydrate the skin immediately
- On the lips, apply a thick layer at night to smooth and soften them for a kissable pout the next day.
- On your nails, it can be used to treat and soften cuticles.
- On the hair, 1 to 2 hours before washing the hair, massage the ends with a handful of the product then wrap the hair in a hot towel. Follow by a gentle shampoo and conditioner.