For many years, Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm has been a French pharmacy top seller praised by celebrities and journalists for its amazing benefits and often called the holy grail of lip balms. Loved by men and women for its matte finish but creamy texture, this little glass jar is a great ally to keep your lips supple and hydrated especially against weather attacks, cold and wind.
Nuxe recently released a rose scent lip balm - The floral cousin of the famous Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm. Just like the original, it is 100% natural, formulated with rose oil, omega fatty acids, shea butter and beeswax that will leave your lip as soft as a petal.
As you know at French Beauty Co, we are always committed to try the products that we sell in order to share a genuine review! So here it is:
What the product claims
The Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm is a repairing, ultra nourishing treatment for dry and chapped lips. Thanks to this amazing balm texture, damaged lips are instantly soothed and protected from external attacks.
It totally delivers and beyond! During Melbourne lockdown, we maximised our daily 1h exercise time to walk in our neighbourhood despite facing some frosty mornings. The creamy balm texture spreads easily on the lips, creating a protective film against external aggressions. Day after day we noticed a real improvement: in just 2-3 days, cracks and dry areas on the lips disappeared and left us blown away!
What we love
- The natural formula: fragrance-free, it contains no preservatives or artificial scents. With 90% natural origin ingredients, this repairing lip balm combines honey, botanical oils (sweet almond and rose musk) and propolis, a rare and precious bee hive ingredient to immediately soothe, provide intense nourishment and repair very dry and damaged lips.
- The scent: the grapefruit essence provides a refreshing scent on the lips and a real sensation of well-being.
- The texture: we absolutely love the creamy balm texture especially when lips are already damaged. And unlike most lip balms, there is no sticky effect at all, so you can easily apply it as a base, underneath a coloured lipstick.
- The matte finish: being so transparent and providing a matte finish, it can be used by the whole family, women but also men, including children aged 36 months or over.
- The multitasking power: this little clever tiny jar can easily be taken anywhere on the go and be used to soothe any dry patches, dry cuticles on the nail area, etc.
- A little goes a long way: I have been using this lip balm every single day for the last 4 months and I’m not even half way through the jar!! You only need a little bit at a time making this product very affordable on the long run.
What we didn't like as much
We couldn’t honestly find many negatives to the product. The only thing that could be improved is the fact you need to put your fingers in the jar to reach the product. A little applicator spoon could have been more hygienic and mess-free.
But there is news!!
If you are after a super convenient format, easy to keep at reach any time of the day, Nuxe has now released a luxurious lip oil with a wand applicator. This moisturising Nuxe Reve de Miel Honey Lip Care is formulated with lavender honey from Provence and organic camelina oil. It is clear in colour and it will leave the lip ultra-shiny and non-sticky.
Not so familiar with Nuxe? Discover more about its bestselling product Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse, number 1 Dry Oil in France.